Chanel Style on a Budget

There is something about the way Chanel Girls dress that has always been so beautiful and demure with such gorgeous femininity, It’s the epitome of classic, chic, girlish style but not cutesy and childish. When you think of Chanel style, what do you think of? For me it’s bows, pearls and that classic tweed jacket with the beautiful detailing. There’s just one drawback for most of us… the price! The average small Chanel bag will set you back $5000 before taxes! However, there are plenty of ways to dress like a classic Chanel girl without breaking the bank, it just takes a little imagination… no pixie dust required.

The aim is to look classic and chic, not so much like Chanel Oberlain in Scream Queens (or any of the Chanels in Scream Queens for that matter). Let’s start with the jacket; the classic Chanel-style jacket is actually not a hard one to get your hands on, a simple Google search will bring up tonnes at an affordable price, this one I’m wearing is from The White House Black Market outlet and was around $60. This is a style that has been copied for years now and you can find some really beautiful ones for great prices, this is a work-appropriate style of jacket and one that is also incredibly versatile. Here’s one of my favourites from Etsy.

Bows: Chanel is inherently feminine and embraces details like bows (not in an over the top Cheerleader bow way), soft, sophisticated and easy to wear. Be it a larger bow or small bows on your shoes or accessories, even a simple bow tied in your hair can give that soft, Chanel-style look to any outfit! This shirt is an old one from RW&CO but bow blouses are incredibly popular and are super easy to find for any budget. Here’s a couple of my favourites: Kate Spadeย ย and CeCe at Nordstrom.

Pearls. The classic Chanel-inspired look staple. Pearls are easy to find, inexpensive too with their classic, timeless look, everyone has them in their jewellery & accessories section. They are super inexpensive in the costume-jewellery section and they will give any look a certain chicness and elegance. They’re not just reserved for the twinset & pearls look of Bree VanDeCamp or the Stepford Wives! Here is a stunning one from Ralph Lauren that is just $39!! and one from Swarovski with a bit more WOW factor.

No Chanel-inspired look would be complete without a fabulous pair of big Hollywood-Style sunglasses. Sunglasses are probably the easiest thing to find for a super-inexpensive glam look. Sunglasses are very personal, the style you wear depends, often, on the shape of your face and how you feel they suit you best. I would say that a larger pair ย are better for this look as they’ll look more old-Hollywood glam than sporty modern. The pair I’m wearing is an old pair from Aldo that I picked up for about $16. Le Chateau Sunglasses, Chicwish.

So there you have it, my take on Classic Chanel-Style without breaking the bank.

1. March 28, 2017 / 7:32 am

Such a cute outfit! I love Primark and the variety of things you can get there.

2. Sky
    March 28, 2017 / 8:16 am

I adore your shades, they are so elegant! I must find a pair, they’re perfect for the upcoming summer here ๐Ÿ™‚

3. thecherylf
    March 28, 2017 / 9:05 am

There’s actually no need to spend much when you like to go out on style. There are lots of better alternatives to do so. This look is indeed a chanel style. Love the sunglasses.

4. March 28, 2017 / 10:43 am

Great post!! Definitely feels very Chanel like!!

5. March 28, 2017 / 11:53 am

That outfit is so pretty! Love the sunnies and top, plus that jacket is perfect for Spring- very Jackie- O.

6. March 28, 2017 / 12:27 pm

If I didn’t read your post I would have believed your outfits are from Chanel. Really classy and within reasonable budget.

7. March 28, 2017 / 2:45 pm

Very cute outfit! I love the top ๐Ÿ™‚

8. March 28, 2017 / 6:25 pm

I LOVE Chanel but definitely couldn’t afford an entire outfit! Love how you’ve pulled together this Chanel-inspired look – it’s classic, modern, and totally fab!

9. simplybstyle
    March 28, 2017 / 7:37 pm

I love your budget friendly finds! Your style is so classic and feminine, girl! Thanks for sharing this post!

10. DOT
    March 29, 2017 / 1:41 am

Cool post! I definitely agree, we can get high designer look without the big bucks! Loving the shades at the end, I always get compliments from mine too and people often ask me where i get my shades from. But yes, most of the time – aldo!

11. March 29, 2017 / 7:13 am

This is a great outfit you were able to put together so well. I like that one can look lovely and classy without spending thousands on dollars to do so!

12. March 29, 2017 / 12:03 pm

I love your tips + you look absolutely fabulous girl!

13. March 29, 2017 / 9:11 pm

Your outfits are absolutely amazing. I love a nice chic and/or elegant look. You’ve definitely gained a subscriber.

14. March 29, 2017 / 11:21 pm

This outfit is so elegant, I just love your sunglasses to polish the look!

15. March 30, 2017 / 5:24 am

You are so right about the “Chanel style”. It’s classic, elegant, and feminine in all the right ways. The staples are definitely pearls, big sunglasses, and bows. When I think elegance, I think Chanel. Great post and great photos!

16. March 30, 2017 / 7:28 am

You’ve done a great job of putting together a nice classic (and classy) look. Seems like something affordable and stylish!

17. March 30, 2017 / 7:32 am

You definitely fooled me – looking very classy ๐Ÿ™‚

18. robin masshole mommy
    March 30, 2017 / 7:43 am

That is such a cute outfit. I love it on you!

19. March 30, 2017 / 7:46 am

This is a great look and I think you really pulled Chanel’s classic style into it seamlessly. I also love that you did it on a budget – I’m a single mom and I have to be careful about what I spend, but I’m also a woman who wants to look nice (at least now and then), and who is raising two of the prissiest, most girly girls ever born. We need style on a budget, so I love posts that prove it can be done.

20. March 30, 2017 / 9:35 am

You have really pulled off a very Chanel inspired look here and I love it! Being able to dress the looks you desire without breaking the bank is a great talent. I love the jacket you found, very Chanel-like.

21. Amber
    March 30, 2017 / 11:32 am

You look fantastic! I love the whole look and that bracelet is pretty.

22. March 30, 2017 / 11:48 am

This outfit looks great! I adore Chanel and everything she represents! Pearls and bows are always a perfect combo!

23. March 30, 2017 / 2:23 pm

You look great! I went to Primark in 2012 during my trip in Germany and bought a snuggly fury jacket for under $20 and I still have it. I was there was a Primark in Australia.

24. March 30, 2017 / 2:51 pm

Those pumps and that blush blouse! love it! I love the added pearls.

25. March 30, 2017 / 6:40 pm

I agree. I like the classy and feminine look that avoids being cutesy and childish too. Your outfit is quite lovely. The bow really makes it.

26. Elizabeth O.
    March 31, 2017 / 2:54 am

This is proof that you don’t have to buy expensive items to look classy. I love the style and it’s definitely something that I would go for.

27. March 31, 2017 / 2:57 am

This outfit is really lovely. I love the colors, they’re perfect for the season and they’re just really sophisticated. You definitely nailed that Chanel look you were going for.

28. March 31, 2017 / 9:55 am

Very pretty and versatile jacket. Could be worn with many different pieces. Like the simple purse and your bracelet is very pretty.

29. March 31, 2017 / 12:25 pm

Chanel is quintessentially feminine, not in a froufrou way, though. Nicely put together!

30. March 31, 2017 / 12:50 pm

I have not heard this term ‘Chanel girls’, is this a new way to say ‘Smart Casual’? I like the smart jacket, I would want it in black.

• March 31, 2017 / 1:13 pm

It just refers to Girls who wear Chanel. It’s a term used by Chanel I believe ๐Ÿ™‚

31. March 31, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Great look! I love the Chanel inspired tweed jacket and blouse!
    xo
    jen
    effortlesseverydaystyle.com

32. March 31, 2017 / 4:41 pm

This is a beautiful outfit! I really like the color and style of your blouse.

33. March 31, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Love a boucle jacket! A great piece for spring and autumn.

34. Liz H
    April 1, 2017 / 8:43 pm

I love this outfit so much! Especially that darling jacket. It’s definitely a Chanel kind of outfit ๐Ÿ™‚

Liz

35. April 1, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Chanel is such a feminie chic brand. I have yet to purchase anything by chanel but would love to.

36. April 1, 2017 / 9:22 pm

You always stun! I love this look! WHBM is one of my favorites, especially their sales!!

37. April 1, 2017 / 9:34 pm

I agree there is something about the Chanel look that screams elegance and class. You’ve nailed the style perfectly with the pearls, bows and the plaid!

Helen xx

38. April 2, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I am totally with you, no need to break the bank to look stylish and stay fashionable! I love finding dupes too and you look lovely in this outfit ๐Ÿ™‚

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

39. April 2, 2017 / 10:35 pm

I love your purse and your eyewear. Chanel will always be Chanel, but glad i would shop a much affordable Chanel-inspired outfit from my fave vintage stores ๐Ÿ™‚ just need to be diligent on hunting ๐Ÿ™‚

40. April 3, 2017 / 1:24 pm

I like the sweater you had on in some of the pictures.

41. April 3, 2017 / 9:17 pm

You nailed it. I love the clean, elegant and timeless chic of Chanel. And I look good in pearls… bows not so much.