7 Things I’m Thankful For

We all have bad days! There are times when we look at the news and the World around us and our situations at home and feel angry or upset but it’s always a good idea to not let those unhappy thoughts fester and get out of that negative mindset as soon as possible. This past Sunday, I was feeling so low and so miserable and I couldn’t tell you why for the life of me! There was no apparent cause or reason but I just felt really low (as it turned out a couple of other Women I spoke to felt the same way that day so it may have been the weather or the atmosphere) but I don’t want to let those negative and sad feelings get the better of me and neither should you. So try to think of the things that you’re grateful for when you start to get upset or something hasn’t gone the way you planned it to. Here are a few of the things that I’m grateful for in my life:

• My Husband. Period. Yup, I’m gonna be that annoying mushy Wife here but I am endlessly grateful every damn day for him! He is patient, kind, funny and He cooks dinner too πŸ˜‰ Seriously, he makes me smile and plays super old PS1 games with me (because I can’t figure out the new fancy-looking games like Halo etc… I’m 31, it’s cool that I only know Crash Bandicoot, Tekken and Mario!) He is my Best Friend and I am so thankful for him every day!

• My Cell Phone: DON’T berate me for this one, it’s not just for Social Media! I live on the other side of the World to my Family and my Cellphone allows me to be able to keep in touch with them, especially when I’m feeling homesick.

• My Career. I am lucky to have the career that I do I have a great Boss and I work with great people and I didn’t think this was something I’d have by the age of 26! I love what I do and it allows me to be able to provide the things that I can for me and my Husband.

• Vacations. My Husband and I work hard and we save to be able to go on vacations away, so we can unwind and relax and recharge. There are so many places that I want to visit with my Husband and I am grateful that I am able to do that. Travelling, to me, is incredibly important as it allows us to be able to broaden our views and expand our horizons. There’s a quote from Trevor Noah abbout Travel that I love: ” Travel is the antidote to Ignorance” and I think that’s so true and such a great thing to remember.

• Netflix and YouTube! Yup! There is nothing I love more than curling up with my Family on a chilly night by the fire to watch Finding Dory or any of our favourite YouTubers and thank Heavens for YouTube as it’s the only place I can keep up with my favourite British Comedy Panel Shows now! It’s all about Laughter!

• My Health. Anyone who know me, knows that this is an area that hasn’t been great for me these past few years BUT happily, I’m starting to feel more normal with help and my life is slowly able to get back to how it used to be which means I am much happier overall.

• Happiness – If you’ve been reading my Blog for a while now then you’ll know that I struggle with Anxiety and that I’ve been very badly bullied throughout my life BUT again, with help, I am able to start living my life again without these things hanging over me making me feel miserable or anxious and this, in turn, makes my Family happy which makes me even happier. So thank you to everyone who has helped me through all of that. Thank you also to organizations like Bell Let’s TalkΒ and Mental Movement Magazine (founded by the amazing Emma Michelle and Stephanie Rauccio) who work every day to help people suffering from Anxiety, Bullying & Depression.

One of the other things that I am hugely grateful for is the incredible community of fellow Girlbosses and Bloggers out there who support each other each and every day and make Bloging one of the best things that I’ve ever done in my life!

So, What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below and have an amazing Wednesday!

Take Care

1. April 26, 2017 / 8:08 am

I love all of these!! I’m thankful for most of these as well and you sound like you sure have a great view of positivity in your life! So nice to see! Thanks for sharing!

2. April 26, 2017 / 8:12 am

It is nice to note the things that we should be thankful for. It reminds us on how we are truly blessed! Great entry! Thank you for sharing!

3. April 26, 2017 / 8:27 am

I think it’s SO important to sometimes take a step back and think about all the things that make us #blessed in our life! It’s so easy to be negative, when there’s a lot to be positive about! Great post!

4. April 26, 2017 / 9:53 am

“Travel is the antidote to Ignorance” this is so true! I love to travel as well

5. April 26, 2017 / 12:42 pm

We forget to appreciate the most common things we have. Happy go lucky is a great attitude!

6. April 26, 2017 / 12:47 pm

What great honest things that you are thankful for. Me I am thankful for having my daughter and for her choosing me to be her mother.

7. April 26, 2017 / 12:54 pm

loveee the blush tones πŸ™‚ Keep it up girl! this is great blog πŸ™‚

8. April 26, 2017 / 1:26 pm

This is so lovely, there is always something to be thankful for. I love your outfit too, you lookf fab!

9. April 26, 2017 / 1:55 pm

That is the cutest top! I could sure go for a vacation right now!

10. April 26, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I love this outfit and the purse!! I understand about the anxiety, I too struggle but I just keep thinking positive and lean on good friends.

11. April 26, 2017 / 2:10 pm

Gratitude and happiness go hand-in-hand!! Great reminder to encourage others to take stock of what they are thankful for, it is an instant mood lifter! Cheers!

12. April 26, 2017 / 3:04 pm

I love the tank top with the littlest bit of lace details. It goes very well with white jeans!

13. April 26, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Health! You don’t realize how amazing your body is until something’s wrong or hurt! I’ve had a few recent injuries and when I’m healthy and fit is so awesome! Where does your family live?!

14. April 26, 2017 / 3:54 pm

Love this post! It is so easy to get lost in all the negativity around us. Such a great practice to remember all the things we are grateful for.

15. April 26, 2017 / 3:59 pm

These are ALL great things to be thanksful for, including your cell ! #societygal

16. April 26, 2017 / 4:17 pm

great attitude. i think whenever we’re feeling down gratitude is the best remedy!

17. raisingyourpetsnaturally
    April 26, 2017 / 5:22 pm

There is nothing wrong with being a mushy wife! That’s fantastic. I love that bag and the color. That necklace is also very simple and elegant. Nice look for you.

18. April 26, 2017 / 5:24 pm

I always try to take a few minutes out of each day to mentally list all the things I’m thankful for. I think its important to realize that things do get better, and that everyone has a bad day here and there.

19. alisonrost
    April 26, 2017 / 6:32 pm

What a beautiful list! I too am thankful for my career job. It allows me to do the things I love (including my food blog). It’s also saved me when I’ve been in unfortunate circumstances .. I’ve had my own source of income and could leave and restart my life.

20. April 26, 2017 / 9:56 pm

What a great list! I always try to take a step back and reflect on everything that I am thankful for.

21. April 27, 2017 / 5:24 am

Aw I am really sorry to ear about all the struggles you have been through in your life but so glad that you have your husband, that is so sweet. I also have depression and anxiety too but I find blogging really helps me feel better and feel like I am able to cope x

22. Elizabeth O.
    April 27, 2017 / 6:14 am

No matter how tough our day is, there is always something to be thankful for. These are lovely! We really are so blessed in so many ways.

23. April 27, 2017 / 6:17 am

I will always be thankful for my husband as well. I’d love to thank my laptop too, lol! Because without it, I wouldn’t be able to blog. There are many things that I feel so blessed to have everyday.

24. April 27, 2017 / 8:08 am

It’s always so important to remember what you are thankful for! I’m also super thankful for Netflix, couldn’t live my life without it!

25. April 27, 2017 / 8:48 am

You look sophisticated in your outfit. And I love the bag, it’s awesome!

26. April 27, 2017 / 2:31 pm

I love how you style this Ellie. This blush pink combo really look good on you. Great styling πŸ™‚

27. April 28, 2017 / 8:59 am

It is always good to find something to be thankful for no matter how your day is going. I am thankful for my husband, kids, family, and friends. I love the things you are thankful!

28. Liz
    May 5, 2017 / 12:07 pm

I absolutely loved this post! These are all so important and such a great reminder. Happy Friday!

Liz