We all have bad days! There are times when we look at the news and the World around us and our situations at home and feel angry or upset but it’s always a good idea to not let those unhappy thoughts fester and get out of that negative mindset as soon as possible. This past Sunday, I was feeling so low and so miserable and I couldn’t tell you why for the life of me! There was no apparent cause or reason but I just felt really low (as it turned out a couple of other Women I spoke to felt the same way that day so it may have been the weather or the atmosphere) but I don’t want to let those negative and sad feelings get the better of me and neither should you. So try to think of the things that you’re grateful for when you start to get upset or something hasn’t gone the way you planned it to. Here are a few of the things that I’m grateful for in my life:
- My Husband. Period. Yup, I’m gonna be that annoying mushy Wife here but I am endlessly grateful every damn day for him! He is patient, kind, funny and He cooks dinner too 😉 Seriously, he makes me smile and plays super old PS1 games with me (because I can’t figure out the new fancy-looking games like Halo etc… I’m 31, it’s cool that I only know Crash Bandicoot, Tekken and Mario!) He is my Best Friend and I am so thankful for him every day!
- My Cell Phone: DON’T berate me for this one, it’s not just for Social Media! I live on the other side of the World to my Family and my Cellphone allows me to be able to keep in touch with them, especially when I’m feeling homesick.
- My Career. I am lucky to have the career that I do I have a great Boss and I work with great people and I didn’t think this was something I’d have by the age of 26! I love what I do and it allows me to be able to provide the things that I can for me and my Husband.
- Vacations. My Husband and I work hard and we save to be able to go on vacations away, so we can unwind and relax and recharge. There are so many places that I want to visit with my Husband and I am grateful that I am able to do that. Travelling, to me, is incredibly important as it allows us to be able to broaden our views and expand our horizons. There’s a quote from Trevor Noah abbout Travel that I love: ” Travel is the antidote to Ignorance” and I think that’s so true and such a great thing to remember.
- Netflix and YouTube! Yup! There is nothing I love more than curling up with my Family on a chilly night by the fire to watch Finding Dory or any of our favourite YouTubers and thank Heavens for YouTube as it’s the only place I can keep up with my favourite British Comedy Panel Shows now! It’s all about Laughter!
- My Health. Anyone who know me, knows that this is an area that hasn’t been great for me these past few years BUT happily, I’m starting to feel more normal with help and my life is slowly able to get back to how it used to be which means I am much happier overall.
- Happiness – If you’ve been reading my Blog for a while now then you’ll know that I struggle with Anxiety and that I’ve been very badly bullied throughout my life BUT again, with help, I am able to start living my life again without these things hanging over me making me feel miserable or anxious and this, in turn, makes my Family happy which makes me even happier. So thank you to everyone who has helped me through all of that. Thank you also to organizations like Bell Let’s Talk and Mental Movement Magazine (founded by the amazing Emma Michelle and Stephanie Rauccio) who work every day to help people suffering from Anxiety, Bullying & Depression.
One of the other things that I am hugely grateful for is the incredible community of fellow Girlbosses and Bloggers out there who support each other each and every day and make Bloging one of the best things that I’ve ever done in my life!
So, What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below and have an amazing Wednesday!