How to get What You Want in Life: Law of Attraction

Jenna Lynn Photography

The Law of Attraction:

What you believe is what will manifest. When I was young and as I grew up, I could be quite negative and my Mum would often tell me to stop thinking about the worst case scenario outcomes because I’d bring that towards me… sounds like a threat lol, but in actual fact, it’s not. For example, If you are kind and helpful, people will be kind and helpful towards you and on the flipside, if you are disrespectful and vindictive towards people then that’s more than likely what you’ll get back from others.

Jenna Lynn Photography
Whenever I was nervous about something important not going right when I was younger, my Mum would tell me to imagine it turning out really well and then place it in a big pink bubble and send that bubble up in to the sky for the Universe to take care of. You can call me crazy or some spiritual nut but we all have little things we believe in and rituals, like a pre-game pep rally, for example, that we always do to try and get the best outcome!

Jenna Lynn Photoggraphy
When we put positive energy out In to the world that tends to be what we receive back. “You reap what you sow” I’m certain that you’ve all heard that one before right? Well here are a few ways you can put more positive vibes out in to the Universe and get closer to getting what you Want in Life.

Jenna Lynn Photography
1. Practice Gratitude. There’s a lot of talk these days about “practicing gratitude” but maybe that’s because we live in a society that always wants the latest and greatest of everything so we can show it off on Social media or even just within our Social Circles. When you start to say “Thank you” and be grateful for all the smaller things in life that you maybe took for granted before then you’ll start finding you have more things to be grateful for.

Jenna Lynn Photography
2. Be Kind to others and towards yourself and don’t compare yourself unfavorably to someone else. I’ve always said “I’m useless at maths” it’s what I was always told by my Grade 1 teacher and I started believing it, I’m 31 now and I struggle badly with maths, I see a maths test and walls come down and I start to panic. But instead now I just tell myself I’m not useless and I can do it if I slow down and think about the question logically. And as my Parents have often said to me, I’m clearly not rubbish at maths because I can always add and subtract and know exactly where my finances stand at any given time.

Jenna Lynn Photography
3. Be helpful. Don’t expect anything in return though. People remember those who helped them in their time of need and they’ll often remember you and may do the same for you when you need it.

Jenna Lynn Photography
4. Have a Mantra to live by. Mantra, power statement, whatever you want to call it, I have one and I use it on a daily basis to remind myself that I’m healthy and can overcome health concerns and other issues. Think of a one line statement and make sure that you are using the present tense “I am” not ” I will be ” or “I should”. “I am……, I am ……., I am……” Think of Aibileen in The Help and what she used to tell her kids: “You is Kind, you is Smart, you is Important.” change that “You” to “I” and you’ve got a pretty powerful mantra to live by.

* Photos taken by Jenna Lynn Photography

Happy Monday Everyone!

Have a Great Day and if you’re in The States, Happy Memorial Day!

1. soulsensecoaching
    May 29, 2017 / 7:28 am

Such a lovely inspiring post to read and your mom’s pink bubble idea, is wonderful. An image can be such a powerful mood changer and lol, it seems like a pink bubble does it for me!

2. Amber
    May 29, 2017 / 9:52 am

I love this! I always try to be kind to others and I tell my kids to do the same. I love your hat!

3. May 29, 2017 / 10:06 am

I don’t think it is crazy at all. In fact when it comes to negativity I often put in a space away from me and like you with your bubble I wish it away. It does help me feel more positive and I am glad that it does the same for you x

4. akamatra
    May 29, 2017 / 11:54 am

My mandra is “let it go, let it go, let it go”. Sometimes it works, others not so much 🙂

5. May 29, 2017 / 12:16 pm

I always believe in law of attraction. it’s also good to be kind to people, whatever you sow you reap.

6. May 29, 2017 / 12:19 pm

I loved your post. It is so inspiring and positive. I can actually use some of these points in my life.

7. May 29, 2017 / 3:12 pm

I love this, what a lovely inspirational post. Kindness is everything, its the one thing I really try to instil the most in my chdlren, and myself.

8. May 29, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Such lovely post to read here early morning! Gratitude, help, live by mantra, all are so important aspects to have in life!

9. May 29, 2017 / 9:12 pm

I really do like this post. There is something about being positive and reaping what you sow in the universe. And I definitely like the idea of putting all my problems into a bubble and letting the universe or a higher power take care of it.

10. May 29, 2017 / 10:40 pm

This is such a wonderful article! Self love and being a positive person in general is so important talks volumes about a person. We all have our own ways of coping with things and there is no right or wrong ways to do it. xo

11. May 29, 2017 / 11:14 pm

Your post is truly postive and inspiring. I loved your outfit and the flowers too <3

12. Nay @ beautyaddictmama
    May 30, 2017 / 3:12 am

Such an inspiring post! (Photos look great too) I’ve recently been thinking about creating a mantra as I’ve heard they’re really helpful!

13. May 30, 2017 / 3:37 am

Loved your outfit as well as what you wrote. this is really inspiring and helpful for everyone. Thanks 🙂

14. May 30, 2017 / 6:37 am

Such a positive post! And I agree and practice all your points. Personally, meditating on something you want helps a lot for me.

15. May 30, 2017 / 10:46 am

What a inspiring post !! you made my day !! I love smile in your pictures

16. May 30, 2017 / 3:12 pm

It’s great to come across a positive post. I agree being helpful towards others is something we should all do daily and something I make a point of doing. It’s interesting how if you are a positive person it seems to attract positivity and positive outcomes.

17. May 30, 2017 / 5:38 pm

It is funny that I would read this today after sitting in a class for the Seven Habits of Highly Effective people. Being proactive and choosing to be happy will definitely allow you to get what you want in life!

18. alisonrost
    May 30, 2017 / 6:05 pm

This is one of the most beautiful, positive, and inspiring posts I’ve read today. It’s so true that whatever we put out into the world will come back to us (usually ten fold) x

19. May 30, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Such an inspirational post. And I do agree in all your points here. As what they say, what goes around, comes back around.

20. May 31, 2017 / 7:05 am

Such a wonderfully positive post, I agree with practicing gratitude, I do that too and promote that in a weekly blog hop in my blog. Kindness, helpfulness, gratitude all helps in life.

21. May 31, 2017 / 10:10 am

Love this!! I think positivity breeds positivity. I would also add that a lot of people forget to ask for what they want – you’ll never get what you want by not asking!

22. Rahul Khurana
    May 31, 2017 / 12:18 pm

These are exactly the points that i follow. You are right that if we help someone, we should not keep expectations in return as they always hurt. having a positive outlook on everything send you positive vibes. 🙂

23. May 31, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Thanks for this. I love your point about being kind to others AND to yourself. I’m often my own harshest critic, and I’m realizing that it’s not useful or constructive.

24. May 31, 2017 / 11:17 pm

I love this! these are the kinds of things I have practicing in my own life and they have changed my life!

25. waketonroad
    June 2, 2017 / 8:06 am

My mom always told me about the law of attraction as well! I try to keep that in mind throughout the day. In every situation! I also agree in practicing gratitude. In today’s world of “more and more” its important to remember what is really important!

Great post! xo Bryn http://www.waketonroad.com

26. June 3, 2017 / 4:08 am

It is all mind of matter and focus and determination. You truly prove that for me. Thanks for being a strong woman.

27. June 3, 2017 / 4:37 am

I enjoyed reading this post. It was very refreshing. I am also a strong believer in “you reap what you sow” and that it is good to treat others as you would also like to be treated. Your mum sounds very wise indeed, she spoke a lot of positivity into your life!

28. June 3, 2017 / 4:39 am

This was a great read! Very refreshing. I am also a believer in “you reap what you sow” and treat others as you’d like to be treated. Your mum also sounds very wise and she spoke a lot of positivity into your life, which is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

29. June 3, 2017 / 8:45 am

Love all of your advice in this post. I truly believe that what we think about plays a big part in how our lives turn out.

30. Sharon Wu
    June 5, 2017 / 7:01 am

what a lovely monday morning read babe! i really appreciate all your advice! it’s so refreshing and i believe that if you focus on what you want you can make anything happen 🙂 thanks for sharing sweetie and hope you have a great week ahead! xo, sharon

• June 7, 2017 / 7:15 am

Aww thanks Sharon! I’m so glad you liked it! It’s all about perspective and putting good energy out there. Have a Fab Week! <3

31. Lauren ashley
    June 5, 2017 / 10:24 am

Such a positive and inspiring post. Now you’ve got me thinking about what my mantra is… Plus, you look absolutely gorgeous in those photos, girl! Thanks for sharing! xo, LA
    brownpaperdoll.com

32. June 6, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Love love love this post and I needed to see this today! I’ve been such a negative Nancy lately! I can’t help it! I’m a worrier! I love the idea of the pink bubble! I’m going to try it!
    Kyla
    wanderlustkyla.com

• June 7, 2017 / 7:03 am

Seriously, that pink bubble approach seems to work, when you can visualize surrounding what you want in a pink bubble and giving it to the Universe so you stop worrying or obsessing over whatever it is! I’m so glad you liked this post lovely! Hope it works for you! I’m always here if you want to chat about things!

33. June 15, 2017 / 1:37 pm

This is so great! Getting rid of negativity is so important, because it doesn’t help. I think being helpful and kind to others is critical — especially when you don’t expect anything in return!

Keep smiling!
    Molly | http://www.stylemissmolly.com

34. June 21, 2017 / 10:49 pm

Love your positive attitude, Ellie! Totally agree, practicing gratitude for all we have and for all we have become is so important! You look lovely btw.

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com