Porteau Cove, BC

I moved from a small town in Rural UK and as beautiful as the green rolling hills were, something about the Mountains and the Fjords really captures my heart. Porteau Cove is about 35-40 minutes outside of Downtown Vancouver (depending on the traffic on The Lion’s Gate Bridge) but it feels like a million miles away from The City, between Vancouver and Squamish on The Howe Sound Fjord. It’s quiet and peaceful. I used to go there all the time at night when it was dark because you can look up and see The Milky Way above you and see The Northern Lights there too, if you’re lucky.

Sadly these photos don’t show it’s full magnificence due to the Wildfire Smoke right now but take my word for it, it’s Majestic!

Porteau Cove gets pretty busy once the day starts to get going, even when it’s shrouded in Smoke. Locals just know that it’s beautiful and with the campground here and the fishing and scuba diving that goes on here it’s perfect for anyone who loves outdoor activities.

This particular day was pretty hot and humid so a loose-fitting dress and good ASOS hat to shield my Casper-The-Ghost-like-skin was the order of the day.

As we were heading on up to Whistler to visit Friends, this was the perfect stop to break up the drive so we could stretch our legs.

1. August 8, 2017 / 7:52 am

I can feel the bliss of total peace through your blog …. and the milky way..hm.. I feel like taking a break from my mundane work already! By the way, loved your outfit. That dress looks absolutely lovely on you ❤

2. August 8, 2017 / 9:10 am

There is an absolute calmness that exudes through this post. Absolutely dig the pictures. And you look fabulous.

3. August 8, 2017 / 10:30 am

You look stunning in this black floral long dress. Moreover I loved your grey colored clutch styled purse. Hat is also adding beauty to your looks.

4. August 8, 2017 / 10:32 am

Amazing pics, your outfit is beautiful and you look gorgeous, thanks for sharing 🙂

5. August 8, 2017 / 10:59 am

The article reminded me of my frequent trips with friends Great Read

6. August 8, 2017 / 11:27 am

It’s always great when you can go somewhere and see the stars in all their glory without the intrusive lights of a city. There’s just something about being able to see the night sky clearly that brings a sense of calm, but also reminds you of how big the universe is. Lovely pictures!

7. Shannon
    August 8, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Loving the outfit. I’m all about flowly dresses that are tres chic but comfortable. The purse…I’m officially on the hunt for haha. You can see the Northern lights?!?! So cool!

8. August 8, 2017 / 8:04 pm

I’m sure it was a majestic sight (through the smoke) and who wouldn’t want to see the Northern Lights?! I’m glad you enjoyed your time there and it sounds like a great place to go.

9. August 9, 2017 / 6:57 am

I love everything about this look. The maxi is so pretty and what a cute hat with the pink ribbon.

xo,
    Pri

10. Aine
    August 9, 2017 / 7:15 am

Love the aesthetic of these shots, looks very calm and serene. Gorge dress too!

11. August 9, 2017 / 7:34 am

You look lovely in the black dress. I am sure everything around you is very beautiful.

12. August 9, 2017 / 8:09 am

I love you dress it so beautiful. You style this look very well.

13. August 9, 2017 / 8:24 am

I love your whole outfit but that dress is wow!!! I have no words to describe it, and I want one for myself 🙂

14. August 9, 2017 / 9:14 am

the asos hat really goes well w/ the floral dress.
    I can definitely see myself wearing something like this during summer here! 🙂

15. August 9, 2017 / 10:42 am

Looks like a lovely spot, and your dress is beautiful x

16. August 9, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Looks like such a beautifully peaceful day! Makes me want to run from my inland home and get to some water and just enjoy a day daydreaming watching the waves.

17. August 9, 2017 / 7:20 pm

The outfit looks great, the hat is a nice pink touch to go along with the pink flowers on your dress. The atmosphere you take the photos in seems relaxed also.

18. August 10, 2017 / 7:44 am

Great pictures. I think there’s something classy about floral dresses. You rock in this outfit.

19. August 10, 2017 / 2:16 pm

What an awesome photos and I really like your outfit it really looks good on you,

20. August 11, 2017 / 11:12 am

I love your dress and it looks perfect with the surrounding! Hope you had a great time out there!

21. August 13, 2017 / 10:23 am

Sounds like an amazing place, I will be sure to check it out sometime soon. And such a beautiful dress, love the florals.

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

22. August 15, 2017 / 7:21 am

Ellie you look so beautiful and at peace in this post! I can see why you seek refuge from the Vancouver craziness here!

And I’m so thrilled to see you rocking that gorgeous hat! I wear mine all the time!!!

Xoxo,

Ashley || Sed Bona

• August 15, 2017 / 7:26 am

Aww thank you so much Ashley! It is such an incredible place. Especially on a clear night when you can see the milky way and the northern lights.

Oh my gosh I haven’t stopped wearing this hat since it arrived! Its my favorite! I still can’t believe it was only $16 and I almost bought one for $89 before I read your post!

Xoxo Ellie