Lavender Relaxation

Since I was a little girl, my mum has used Lavender around the home to help me relax. School was a nasty and anxiety-ridden time for me so at home we had those little silk bags of lavender in the clothing drawers, lavender essential oils burning (it made the house smell nice too) and as I’ve grown up and started to battle with much more severe and, at times, debilitating anxiety, I’ve started to use lavender again.

I’ve been wanting to visit the Lavender Fields of Provence for years and never managed to get there. This past weekend my Husband and I visited Sequim (Pron: Skwim) on The Olympic Peninsula, an area famous for its Annual Lavender Festival. It’s a little later in the season as the actual Festival was on the weekend of July 21st, but I was still hopeful that we’d find some lavender. We ended up driving down a road called Bell Bottom Rd to a beautiful little farm with the best name ever… “Purple Haze Lavender” While this may not have been the sprawling Lavender fields of Provence, France, it was beautiful and picturesque. Careful not to disturb the busy little bees that were buzzing around the flowers, I wandered between the plants, suddenly feeling more relaxed surrounded by the scent of lavender.

Lavender Tincture: Lavender has a tonne of healing properties, one of which is calming the itch an irritation of a minor burn or a mosquito bite (something I had to deal with all over my legs this past weekend). Lavender tincture applied to the bite or rash, can reduce the irritation quickly and calm the redness around the bite or skin.

Lavender Oil roll-on: One thing I never leave the house without now is a Lavender roll-on. I have 2 that I love, the one from Aveda which is mixed with Clary Sage as part of their “Stress-Fix” range and my pure Lavender Oil roll-on from PelindabaΒ lavender shop in Edmonds, who have their farm on the San Juan Island and work to keep everything local and sustainable. a few drops of this on the temples and the essential oils will start to calm down those anxieties instantly.

Pure Lavender Essential Oil: For a Diffuser, currently on sale at Escents, a Canadian Company founded in West Vancouver that you can now find in most Malls, 6 drops in water in your diffuser is all it takes for the scent to fill your space and calm you down… it even calms my 2 crazy cats right down when their chasing each other around the apartment!

Massage Oil: Finally, a massage oil, not in a kinky way but youtube tutorials can help you give your partner a great, tension relieving shoulder massage, My Masseuse once recoiled in horror when she touched my shoulders as she said that my shoulder muscles were so horribly inflamed (I carry ALL my stress-tension in my shoulders and neck), This massage oil, custom blended at Escents for me, is a carrier base of jojoba oil with lavender and rose otto essential oils for serious relaxation – great for a massage if you have trouble falling asleep at night too.

Have you ever used Essential Oils like Lavender Oil for Relaxing and calming your anxiety? Have you ever visited the Lavender Fields in Provence, France? If so Let me know in the comments and have a fantastic Weekend!

1. August 18, 2017 / 10:41 am

I have a bottle of lavender essential oil in my bedroom. It’s the perfect scent to let me relax before bed.

2. August 18, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I’ve started using oils on my skin this year and I don’t know what took me so long to make the switch. I don’t have any Jasmine yet but I am building up my collection of various oil’s.

3. August 18, 2017 / 1:06 pm

I have so many essential oils and never use them for relaxation. I use them to fragrance my natural body butters etc, but you know what – I need to try what you are suggesting. Im pregnant and I think it might be a natural way to reduce stress – in moderation of course. Ill do some more research, thanks!

4. August 18, 2017 / 1:57 pm

Having suffered with insomnia since my teens, I am very familiar with lavender oil and I use it liberally!! I love the scent, even though it reminds me of sleepless nights, but also visiting the lavender fields this year with the children was a great memory.

5. August 18, 2017 / 2:39 pm

The lavender farm looks amazing. I have read that lavender is a really good product and the oils are great for relaxation.

6. August 18, 2017 / 5:03 pm

Ah, those lavender flowers look so good – even looking at their images makes you feel their freshness.

7. August 18, 2017 / 5:08 pm

I so love the smell of lavender so I’m sure I’d like this. Your dress is gorgeous and those lavender fields are so pretty!

8. August 18, 2017 / 7:08 pm

Lavender is one of my favorite fragrances of all times. I use it to make my house smell good but never tried using it to reduce stress. All these tips and products seem really good, thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

9. August 18, 2017 / 7:57 pm

I love lavender scents and really want to visit lavender fields one day. Lavender essential oil has so many healing properties, agreat relaxant as well. Loved this post.

10. August 19, 2017 / 2:29 am

Oh wow, your pictures are stunning ! I didnt know that Sequin in Washington State had lavender fields like these. What a beautiful place to go for a weekend ! I love so much the smell of lavender. By the way, it looks like that you are the only persons in there. Did you rent the fields ?

11. August 19, 2017 / 2:59 am

Lavender has always been one of my favourite herbs. I love to add a few drops to an infuser. There’re local markets here selling dried lavenders – which I don’t like that much – and oils as well. Can’t pass a stall without buying a bottle.

12. August 19, 2017 / 3:46 am

The lavender farm looks amazing. and those flowers looks great πŸ™‚ awesome post!

13. August 19, 2017 / 4:53 am

I am a huge fan of Lavender , I love the smell of it and I love having it in food. I would love to visit Lavender fields especially the ones in Provence, France.

14. August 19, 2017 / 6:50 am

I have seen previous pictures of lavender fields. They are so pretty and I wondered if the scent was strong. I do not use the oils but I like that you carry it in your purse and have it handy.

15. August 19, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Lavender is one of my favourite herbs. It really helps me relax and I just love it’s scent. I have lavender soaps in our drawers so our clothes also smell wonderful. I love the pictures, your blue dress really pops out in the lavender field.

16. Stephanie Cruz
    August 19, 2017 / 8:08 pm

Such lovely photos! I can almost smell the lavenders, virtually. I find that they are indeed relaxing and calming. Have yet to try those products you mentioned.
    Oh and your dress is stunning!

17. August 19, 2017 / 11:29 pm

Lavender is such a lovely fragrance to have around the home and is very calming. I love the products you have highlighted here and the photos of you in such fabulous lavender fields are gorgeous.

18. August 20, 2017 / 12:08 am

Wow lovely post on Lavendar with its uses. I was only knowing it as a soothing oil but not knowing about its use of removing rashes too. Those Lavendar fields and you pictures with them are beautiful.

19. hal
    August 20, 2017 / 7:05 am

great photos by the way!!…i could have used lavender as a kid with all those cuts and bites from parks and its funny that i read this post now as that i went to the park with my little niece and she had a little bite so il give it a try…

20. August 20, 2017 / 10:35 am

I have actually used essential oils and I’ve been experimenting with different combinations. I love lavender but for some reason it doesnt relax me. I prefer citrucy scents and maybe a hint of something sweet like vanilla?

21. August 20, 2017 / 3:26 pm

need to try some of the products, I love the smell of lavender. Also the lavender farm pics are beautiful.

22. August 20, 2017 / 4:34 pm

I’m like your mum and grow lavender in my front garden and harvest it in the summer , dry it out in bunches around the house and then cut out muslin squares and try them up with string after I have filled each one with a handful of lavender . They keep for ages and I adore them.

23. August 20, 2017 / 11:34 pm

I have used lavender oils in the past. They are very soothings and relaxing especially at night before bed time. Thanks for the great information on lavender.

24. August 21, 2017 / 6:11 am

Wow. I have never heard of this lavender. Looks like a great product. I wonder if there is a lavender here in Philippines.

25. August 21, 2017 / 6:45 pm

Never used lavender before, but after reading this post I’m definitely going to give it a try.

26. dee
    August 21, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Love, Love , Love this!! I have just gotten on the essential oils kick and Im loving using lavender around the house for relaxation.

27. September 7, 2017 / 9:13 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to that festival! I LOVE essential oil and use a lavender one in my diffuser to relax.

28. September 9, 2017 / 6:44 am

Those lavender fields look stunning. I love using lavender to help promote relaxation. A few drops in the bath is always a good idea.

29. September 13, 2017 / 9:54 am

Lavender is one of my go-to’s as well! It toally helps me wind down after a long day. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous – hope you enjoyed your visit. P.s. LOVE the hat!
    xo, LA
    brownpaperdoll.com

30. September 13, 2017 / 9:54 am

Lavender is one of my go-to’s as well! It totally helps me wind down after a long day. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous – hope you enjoyed your visit. P.s. LOVE the hat!
    xo, LA
    brownpaperdoll.com

31. Kyla
    September 17, 2017 / 6:51 pm

Oh my gosh what a beautiful place! I’ve never even heard of it! You always seem to stumble across the cutest little places and your dress is fabulous!
    Kyla
    wanderlustkyla.com

32. September 21, 2017 / 5:19 pm

I’ve also found lavender to be incredibly calming and having some sort of essential oil burning around the home can really make a difference to your mindset!

I’ve got an obsession with anything Bergamot and Neroli scented at the moment. Have you tried it?

Helen xx

• September 21, 2017 / 7:59 pm

I went crazy recently in an essential oil store here and ended up with so many different oils but neroli is one of them and I’ve always loved Bergamot too, so relaxing! Its amazing the difference Essential oils can make to your mood and well-being. πŸ™‚

33. Sharon Wu
    September 21, 2017 / 7:30 pm

I loooove lavender! I add lavender essential oil to my homemade body butter and it’s so calming to apply it every night before bed πŸ™‚ Next up is, I need to find a pretty lavender field to shoot in! lol πŸ˜‰ xo, sharon