Autumn Baby

I love Autumn. Before you immediately click off my blog after reading those 3 words on the first day of Autumn, Autumn has been my favourite Season since I was a child. Before blogging and Pumpkin Spice anything existed.

For me Autumn is a reminder of cherished Family memories growing up in the countryside in England, frosty freezing mornings bundled up for a walk to find wild mushrooms (when I was a child… It was the only thing that held my interest in a walk) or a walk that generally ended at a country pub sat next to a roaring log fire (as an adult). Autumn was memories of kicking piles of crisp red and gold leaves around and collecting conkers from the Horse Chestnut trees, picking the biggest one, drilling a hole through it and attaching a long string to it to play conker wars in the School Playground, simpler times when smartphones didn’t exist and you made fun and games out of things you found around you. Now, however, it is a time of coziness and warmth, of an adopted Holiday – Thanksgiving – that reminds us to be grateful. It is that Hygge with my Loved ones that helps with my Anxiety attacks.

My favourite thing about Autumn, however, is kicking through the crisp gold and scarlet leaves. The first memory I have of Autumn is one of my favourite memories – there are no photographic reminders but I remember it well. I think I was about 5 years old and my Mum had an event she was attending in London near Hyde Park on a Saturday afternoon. Autumn was obviously a lot chillier back then as I can clearly remember being bundled up in a pink anorak and woolly bobble hat and my Dad took me for a wander in Hyde Park to pass the time while we waited for my Mum. I was from The Countryside not the City and we went on a lot of walks in the countryside. Hyde Park was bright orange, gold and red with huge piles of leaves (that had obviously been recently raked together by someone). My Dad and I went charging through these huge leaf mountains, kicking through and throwing the leaves; i just remember feeling so happy and laughing a lot. One of my earliest and happiest memories, I still wish there were photos but at least I can still remember it.

I’m sad that the season’s are about to get colder and rainier and I have to put away all my pretty dresses but I can’t deny that I’m excitied for the coziness and the fun Fall Styles, curling up watching Hocus Pocus under a huge blanket by the fire with a hot cup of Blueberry Tea (something I recently learned how to make and my pantry will always be stocked with Amaretto and Grand Marnier for that one from now on!) Autumn reminds me of Family Time and for that I’m excited. And My Birthday next month… maybe that’s why I love Autumn So much – I’m an Autumn Baby…

Happy First Day of Fall

1. September 22, 2017 / 8:38 am

I have many memories of kicking in leaves too! My dad would rake all the leaves in the garden into a pile and I would hide in it, throw and kick them and have a lot of fun! I dont put my dresses away either – just add thick tights, boots and a sweater and scarf!

2. Chelsea Elizabeth
    September 22, 2017 / 8:53 am

Kicking leaves is a must! Autumn is by far my favourite season. I love everything it from the weather, the clothes, the food and all of the festivities that follow! Autumn fashion is my favourite time of year

3. September 22, 2017 / 8:56 am

Kicking leaves ๐Ÿ™‚ Autumn is very beautiful just like you. And I totally totally love your bag!

4. September 22, 2017 / 9:07 am

I love summer, but I canโ€™t deny that fall helps you transition from the wild an carefree of summer to family moments and coziness of winter.

5. September 22, 2017 / 11:00 am

Love the story of you r earliest memory! Kicking the leaves! Isnโ€™t it so much fun when parents play with their kids as if they were kids as well? Definitely something to cherish for life!
    Iโ€™m a summer baby, so I prefer summer! The sun, the sea, the dresses and bikinis, I love the beach, and the thought of long term vacations! But I do see the joy autumn can bring too!

6. September 22, 2017 / 5:49 pm

I enjoyed reading this! It makes me wish I lived up north to see actual seasons and experience the change. I really liked this look too it’s great with your skin color!

7. September 22, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Autumn is a time where so many natural landscapes look so gorgeous and become so picturesque. Love your outfit by the way, it all goes together so well.

8. September 23, 2017 / 2:09 am

I live your blog and posts! Autumn is a beautiful season and mine favourite as well! I believe kicking in the leaves would be fav task of many other too!

9. September 23, 2017 / 8:25 am

New outfit, new hair, girl I am totally loving everything from head to toe. Great for Autumn.

• September 25, 2017 / 6:51 am

Hehe! Aww thanks lovely! I have so say I’m loving this new Auburn hair colour! Nice and warm toned for Autumn!

10. September 24, 2017 / 11:04 am

I love that entire look! I will have to purchase this stat so I can strut myself where ever I walk ; ) I’ll have to be careful in those heels though, it’s been a while since I’ve worn those!

11. September 24, 2017 / 1:56 pm

That’s such a cute story of you and your father. I can imagine running through the leaves and just enjoying the beautiful changing colors of fall. I hope it gets cooler here soon.

12. September 24, 2017 / 3:47 pm

ahh this is lovely. Autumn is such a lovely season, lots of fab memories and warm cosy moments. You look great!

13. September 24, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I love this outfit! You make fall look so welcoming and make me excited to dress for it.

14. Kyla
    September 24, 2017 / 10:40 pm

I don’t share your enthusiasm for autumn! I’m definitely a summer baby! Did you change your hair again? It looks fab! And this is one of my fave looks of yours! So chic!
    Kyla
    wanderlustkyla.com

• September 25, 2017 / 6:49 am

Haha thanks lovely! Colour-wise I’m the same Auburn but I had to get it all cut recently because it was looking so bad lol! I’m loving it these days! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. September 25, 2017 / 1:03 pm

Those heels would absolutely destroy me but I’m still tempted to get some!

16. Elizabeth O
    September 26, 2017 / 2:19 am

I really like your entore outfits. You looks so beautiful on it. Especially your shoes, and your hair looks so fab. Kicking leaves!!!

17. September 26, 2017 / 7:13 am

Wonderful photos, I love this outfit! I especially like the blouse and pants, lovely ๐Ÿ™‚

18. September 26, 2017 / 10:08 pm

Gorgeous outfit! I really like the style shots. The last time I attempted to kick leaves I slipped on a leaf and hit my head lol. Never doing that again.

19. Lauren Ashley
    September 27, 2017 / 11:17 am

Autumn is my favorite season too! The boots, the jackets, the scarves – I love it all! p.s. Did you cut your hair? It looks especially gorgeous in these shots!