Learn to be a Ballerina at Life

Most mornings I wake up at 4:30am when my Husband’s alarm goes off and lie there feeling miserable about the fact that in 30 minutes my own alarm will go off. I’m not a morning person and if my cats are not yowling outside the bedroom door to be fed then I may have 30 minutes more to “wake-up” and get my life together before I drag myself in to the shower. Though I will say, that if my Husband starts playing the Pokemon theme tune and starts lipsyncing with full dance moves, that tends to get me up in a better mood! I often have the best intentions when dressing, I see my Partyskirts I see my Bliss Tulle skirts hanging in the closet and I want to wear them every day but instead I often (being in a Corporate work environment) think “no, can’t wear that” and out come the black pants and plain shirt – clothing that does not make me feel like a “Bawse” and make me feel like I can conquer the day.

When I was 5 years old, I took Ballet lessons although apparently I was far more interested in running around the room like a fairy, I dreamed of wearing the big tulle skirts that the Professional Ballerinas wore and while I did not continue my Ballet classes I did take with me my love of Princessy skirts and tulle. I am ultra feminine when it comes to style, un-apologetically so. I will happily go out dressed in a pretty dress when everyone else is wearing butt-cheek bearing denim shorts and tank tops and that’s just me but Tulle, I always loved and still was too afraid to wear.

I always worried that people would think “how old is she – she’s too old to be wearing that” I worried too much about the POSSIBLE opinions of others – of course I had no idea what they were thinking really but my Anxiety kicked in and made me think that everyone would judge and ridicule me.

Life requires a lot of Strength to get through, it requires agility and the ability to adapt to constantly changing environments, people, personalities, and situations, it requires the ability to be nimble, quick and light on your toes much like a Ballerina on stage. You realize eventually that your life is your own and your choices and decisions are your own and though you may be criticized for the decisions that you make (as long as your decisions don’t harm anyone else or put anyone else in danger) then too bad for the critics, there will always be someone who is looking for an argument and there will always be people who just don’t like you and you’ll have no idea why, especially if you’ve never met them or only met them a couple of times in life.

If you want to wear the Tulle then wear the Tulle who cares if someone gives you a funny look, maybe that’s just their face – don’t take it personally and don’t worry so much about what people you know will think of your outfit because if they’re real Friends and decent people then they won’t judge you on your sartorial choices anyway. Your clothes should fit your personality and who wants to look like everyone else anyway – how boring would that be?

Bliss Tulle “Celine” Skirt | Shoes

1. September 28, 2017 / 10:03 am

LOVE THAT SKIRT SO SO MUCH! And I used to care a lot about what other people thought and once I stopped caring life got so much easier!

2. September 28, 2017 / 6:48 pm

So I’m kind of dying to know. Did you wear the skirt to work or not?! Write that story! Love those shoes by the way.

• September 28, 2017 / 6:51 pm

Haha! No I can tell you I didn’t. This particular tulle skirt is just a bit too poufy for work in my environment but I do have another pink tulle skirt that I’ll wear as it’s a little softer and not so full 🙂 the shoes are great and surprisingly comfortable 🙂

3. September 28, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Your skirt is so cute! I love it and I wish owned something this pretty. Each and every aspect is well styled 🙂

4. September 28, 2017 / 8:36 pm

Such a pretty skirt! I never buy tulle pieces because I just can’t think of anywhere I could wear them!

5. September 29, 2017 / 1:05 am

I would love to wear that skirt everyday to anywhere honestly! I would get married in it that how cute the skirt is!
    You look adorable and yes its hard sometime ignoring the stares from people but if you feel good who really cares! Keep wearing what you would like to wear!

6. Kate
    September 29, 2017 / 2:50 am

Yes! It’s best to live life how you want to and wear the tulle skirt! Now I want a tulle skirt… 🙂

7. September 29, 2017 / 9:15 am

I can’t believe you wake up at 4:30am! I wish I had that kind of willpower.

I was like you too before. I loveeee pretty dresses and I wear them every day now. I used to worry what people would think of me and if they would be laughing at me. But then I realised that this is my life and not theirs. I won’t waste it by stopping myself from wearing what I love, just to please them.

You look so pretty in that tulle! You go girl!

• September 29, 2017 / 11:27 am

Lol I can assure you I don’t want to wake up at 4:30am but… Work. Love that you wear all your pretty dresses!

8. September 29, 2017 / 9:26 pm

The skirt is beautiful, although I suppose I understand why some people would think it’s youthful. I just think it looks beautiful on you. And those shoes are a perfect combination.

9. September 30, 2017 / 1:29 am

You look totally fabulous honey in this ballerina inspired outfit. I am taking my 3 old daughter to ballet lessons, And she too much prefers running around lol!

10. September 30, 2017 / 1:35 am

That outfit is eye-catching. I have no idea how girls will react to it but I find it pretty.

11. Akamatra
    September 30, 2017 / 1:00 pm

That’s the spirit and the attitude. I love the shoes and the skirt though I would never pull it off.

12. September 30, 2017 / 9:47 pm

I totally agree! I am very girly in that case too. I love to wear bows, ruffles and a lot of little girl stuff, haha! Even I worry what people about me and put off wearing those but sometimes I go out feeling all me. That’s life I guess. Love that skirt and you look super pretty

13. September 30, 2017 / 10:10 pm

What a pretty outfit . And you look very chic !

14. September 30, 2017 / 11:33 pm

I loved the complete look of ballerina on you. So delicate skirt and lovely shoes. Nude colored shoes with heels are so glamorous.

15. October 1, 2017 / 12:55 am

The skirt is a beauty. Love the sandals too. I love how you styled it. No one is ever too old to wear a skirt like this.

16. October 1, 2017 / 3:25 am

I am all about the tulle!! So beautiful and if you want to wear the tulle, wear the tulle. What a great attitude.

17. October 1, 2017 / 8:42 am

This is the sweetest outfit ever, I love it! I need to be brave and get one of these skirts!