Despite my love of Fall that comes from Childhood growing up in the Countryside (lest you think “urgh basic blogger who loves Autumn”) I’ve never actually done any of the typical Fall activities that everyone does, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes and watching Hocus Pocus doesn’t count because I do that all the time! Here are a few things that I’ve never actually done, or haven’t done since I being in Canada, thta I want to do this Fall:
- Making my own Fall Hot drinks – I’ve always had the intention of making Fall Flavoured hot drinks but never got around to it so with that in mind I plan to make my own tasty treats this year… stay tuned for a post on that!
- Apple Picking at the Orchard – Every Sunday we had Sunday Roast Dinner when I was growing up at my Grandma’s House and for dessert she’d always make Apple Crumble and Custard (food of the Gods) I have never actually been to an apple orchard though and picked the apples fresh off the trees and since it’s an activity that involves fresh air, this is one I really want to do this Fall before the weather turns really nasty!
- Going for a Fall Walk – I used to do this almost every Sunday with my Family in the Country or in Richmond Park in London and it was beautiful, the bracken, the toadstools and the frosty ground, with all the deer and Stags in Richmond Park. I’ve not done this since being in Canada (perhaps due to the very real possibility of running in to some major Wild Animals) but I’d love to get back out there and get some Fresh Fall Air.
- Pumpkin Patch – So here’s a story about my last experience with a pumpkin in October: I had one carved and set out on our Doorstep and I was sat upstairs watching The OC *ahem* Doing my Homework! When I heard my Dad come through the front door from work – my Cat who often sat on the front doorstep was next to me on my bed. Suddenly about 5 minutes after my Dad had walked in there was an almighty great Bang and I ran downstairs to find my Parents standing at the front door with smoke everywhere. Someone thought it was funny to put a Roman Candle Firework in every pumpkin along the street and watch it explode – there was pumpkin EVERYWHERE! While we can laugh about it now, my Dad had walked in that door 5 minutes before and my Cat often used to sit on the doorstep so Serious injury could’ve happened. It didn’t though but that was my last pumpkin experience. This year, however, I really want to actually visit a pumpkin patch – we didn’t have them in The UK near me and it looks like great Seasonal fun so this Fall (another outdoor activity) I want to visit a pumpkin patch.
- Go to The VanDusen Botanical Gardens to see all the Fall Foliage – Next to The Buchart Gardens in Victoria, The VanDusen Gardens are the best around for Fall Foliage and Seasonal lights at Christmas, despite being here 10 years, I’ve never been.
- Get back in to Baking – I used to bake sweet treats all the time, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, Brownie Bars etc… I haven’t in about 6 years but I really want to get back in to it this Fall, I especially want to learn how to make a Sticky Toffee Pudding and Apple Pie – 2 things I’ve never dared to attempt before!
What are you most looking forward to about the Season? Do you have any Fun Traditions or activities lined up? let me know in the Comments below and on that note… Hello October!