Fall Bucket List

Despite my love of Fall that comes from Childhood growing up in the Countryside (lest you think “urgh basic blogger who loves Autumn”) I’ve never actually done any of the typical Fall activities that everyone does, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes and watching Hocus Pocus doesn’t count because I do that all the time! Here are a few things that I’ve never actually done, or haven’t done since I being in Canada, thta I want to do this Fall:

• Making my own Fall Hot drinks – I’ve always had the intention of making Fall Flavoured hot drinks but never got around to it so with that in mind I plan to make my own tasty treats this year… stay tuned for a post on that!

• Apple Picking at the Orchard – Every Sunday we had Sunday Roast Dinner when I was growing up at my Grandma’s House and for dessert she’d always make Apple Crumble and Custard (food of the Gods) I have never actually been to an apple orchard though and picked the apples fresh off the trees and since it’s an activity that involves fresh air, this is one I really want to do this Fall before the weather turns really nasty!

• Going for a Fall Walk – I used to do this almost every Sunday with my Family in the Country or in Richmond Park in London and it was beautiful, the bracken, the toadstools and the frosty ground, with all the deer and Stags in Richmond Park. I’ve not done this since being in Canada (perhaps due to the very real possibility of running in to some major Wild Animals) but I’d love to get back out there and get some Fresh Fall Air.

• Pumpkin Patch – So here’s a story about my last experience with a pumpkin in October: I had one carved and set out on our Doorstep and I was sat upstairs watching The OC *ahem* Doing my Homework! When I heard my Dad come through the front door from work – my Cat who often sat on the front doorstep was next to me on my bed. Suddenly about 5 minutes after my Dad had walked in there was an almighty great Bang and I ran downstairs to find my Parents standing at the front door with smoke everywhere. Someone thought it was funny to put a Roman Candle Firework in every pumpkin along the street and watch it explode – there was pumpkin EVERYWHERE! While we can laugh about it now, my Dad had walked in that door 5 minutes before and my Cat often used to sit on the doorstep so Serious injury could’ve happened. It didn’t though but that was my last pumpkin experience. This year, however, I really want to actually visit a pumpkin patch – we didn’t have them in The UK near me and it looks like great Seasonal fun so this Fall (another outdoor activity) I want to visit a pumpkin patch.

• Go to The VanDusen Botanical Gardens to see all the Fall Foliage – Next to The Buchart Gardens in Victoria, The VanDusen Gardens are the best around for Fall Foliage and Seasonal lights at Christmas, despite being here 10 years, I’ve never been.

• Get back in to Baking – I used to bake sweet treats all the time, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, Brownie Bars etc… I haven’t in about 6 years but I really want to get back in to it this Fall, I especially want to learn how to make a Sticky Toffee Pudding and Apple Pie – 2 things I’ve never dared to attempt before!

What are you most looking forward to about the Season? Do you have any Fun Traditions or activities lined up? let me know in the Comments below and on that note… Hello October!

1. October 2, 2017 / 7:54 am

That skirt is beautiful! Going to a pumpkin patch is number one on my list!

2. October 2, 2017 / 8:32 am

I totally agree with you on going to an apple orchard this fall! That is always so fun. I also love to bake absolutely anything with pumpkin in it during the fall.

3. October 2, 2017 / 10:05 am

I want to go to a pumpkin patch too — and get back into baking! Pumpkin baking is the best anyway! Btw – I loooove your outfit!

4. October 2, 2017 / 10:29 am

I was sat upstairs watching The OC *ahem* Doing my Homework ahahahaha!

• October 2, 2017 / 11:53 am

We all did that once or twice right? I’m not alone in that one lol!?

5. October 2, 2017 / 11:37 am

October is a crazy busy month for me, so there are a lot of things I’d like to do that I don’t know I’ll have time for! We have gorgeous gardens near us and I really hope I can get over there at some point while all of the leaves are changing colors.

6. October 2, 2017 / 12:17 pm

My family used to do apple picking every year, but now since I’m a mother, I haven’t done it yet with my son. I really want to because I think he would really enjoy it. I also think fall walks are amazing. I love taking walks, and with my son’s asthma we have to be very careful, but that is on my fall bucket list for this year. Great post and list.

7. October 2, 2017 / 2:26 pm

This outfit is STUNNING! I forgot to actually read the post at first because I was obsessing over your skirt and shoes! I’m so happy that it’s fall–I can’t wait to go to an apple orchard this year and for all the baking!

8. October 2, 2017 / 8:38 pm

Autumn bucket lists are my favourite to read. Your to-do list is amazing; I’m actually kind of sad that it’s currently Spring here in Australia. Autumn hot drinks are delicious! Enjoy a few for me. 😉 I hope you get to experience alllll of these Autumn-y things.

P.S. This outfit is everything!
    Christie’s Take on Life. xx

9. October 2, 2017 / 9:10 pm

Wifey loved the combos and the colours. She is wondering if they are available in India or can be shipped from the US?

10. October 2, 2017 / 10:52 pm

What a gorgeous outfit! Loving the soft colors, blush and grey tones are my favorite too

11. October 2, 2017 / 10:55 pm

Omg I love your outfit – in fact, I want to buy the exact outfit except the shoes (not that I don’t like – it’s just I don’t see myself wearing them; looks gorgeous on you though!) haha. So feminine and lovely. <3 Also, my husband and I are thinking of baking some Halloween treats this upcoming weekend. Can't wait!!

12. October 3, 2017 / 4:35 am

Ohh I hope that you will be able to do all that on your list! They all sound very fun! Eapecially the apple picking and a tasty autumn hot drink could never go wrong!
    I love your outfit btw! The color is very nice on you!

13. October 3, 2017 / 6:13 am

Baking will happen for sure. Hoping to visit a pumpkin patch soon too. We have been getting outside for fresh air and some of our leaves are changing.

14. Utminh
    October 3, 2017 / 9:17 am

I think this is a perfect combination. My country is about to turn to autumn, this is my great choice. I love this style!

15. October 3, 2017 / 9:26 am

I do love fall as well! Yet I also don’t have the time to do all the “Fall stuff” that I want to do. But I always make it a point to make apple crisp at least once or twice! And then it is soup season so I also like to make a big pot of soup to eat for lunch throughout the week.

16. October 3, 2017 / 9:36 am

We had two items in common! I would want to go back for a fall walk and getting back to baking. I am still waiting for my landlord to replace my broken oven though, I missed baking a lot!

17. Lorraine Marshall
    October 3, 2017 / 12:24 pm

It’s so important for each of us to enjoy life. You have definitely choosen some great fall activities to partake in. I hope you have a blast!

18. October 3, 2017 / 2:48 pm

We had to go to an apple orchard on our bucket list and we finally went this weekend. It was so much fun. Also, baking is definitely happening for the next 3 months lol love this time of the year.

19. October 3, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Fall walk and hot drinks are the ones I wish to do myself. Great that you have this list ready to start working upon and enjoy the beautiful fragrance that fall brings with! Good outfit and more so loved heels:)

20. Blair villanueva
    October 3, 2017 / 7:24 pm

Yay your style is impeccable 🙂
    You did great here, and am eyeing your Valentino 🙂

21. chichi
    October 4, 2017 / 12:26 pm

so in love with your neutral outfit, love autumn for my diy pumpkin spice latte!

22. adriana
    October 4, 2017 / 1:23 pm

This outfit is stunning! I love your bucket list – I bake a ton in the fall, so many sugar cookies and pies haha!

23. October 4, 2017 / 2:10 pm

Aw this is one of my favourite outfits that I have seen on you! I really love the pleated skirt and I would love to go to a pumpkin patch as I have never been before x

24. Monique
    October 5, 2017 / 10:03 am

I am very much in love with this skirt you are wearing!!!! And that purse…YAAAS!

25. October 5, 2017 / 8:48 pm

Making your own fall drinks is a great idea! It’s probably not that hard and it saves money over getting it at a coffee shop – I should do that!

26. October 6, 2017 / 9:09 am

Nice outfit for fall. Loved the idea of making hot drink and baking sweets to welcome fall. Apple picking is also nice activity.

27. October 7, 2017 / 7:26 pm

First, I have to say that this outfit is so lovely. The colors look beautiful on you. It it such a fun idea to plan and do all these fall things you’ve never done. Living in Florida I don’t get to do much either because it’s still too hot and feels like summer.

28. Lauren Ashley
    October 12, 2017 / 11:51 am

Fall is totally my favorite season! I think the fashion is the best – which brings me to your outfit! It looks so dreamy on you! The colors really make your hair look lovely as well!
    xo, LA
    brownpaperdoll.com

29. Kyla
    October 13, 2017 / 5:55 pm

This is such a cute post! Now I want to do all the fun fall things you mentioned! I’m typically super lazy and mourning the loss of summer but maybe I’ll go out and so something now that you’ve got me feeling inspired!
    Kyla