Fall Favourites

There’s just something about Fall that makes me want to think about all my Beauty Favourites and Essentials, I’m terrible at doing my nail polish, I always get so frustrated because I swear when I paint my toenails, that pedi and polish could survive anything whereas about 1 hour after painting my fingernails it’s usually chipped already! What gives!? However, These two shades of pink and lilac-grey are so chic and pretty and so nice and muted for Autumn and I’ve been wearing them so much!

Oh Autumn, the season for Bold, darker and more Vampy lip colours! I do tend to wear lipsticks a lot, especially because it’s the only thing that stops me from biting my lips when I get stressed or my anxiety kicks in. These two are my favourites right now, for Weekends I love the dark plummy “Doesn’t Matte-r” by L’Oreal Paris and for Everyday I love the M.A.C. “Twig”.

I usually tend to gravitate towards lighter fragrances that have rose notes in them BUT the exception is Tom Ford Perfumes and then this one that My Mum introduced me to from Diptyque: The 34 Saint Germain. It’s so warm and spicy with subtle notes of Cardamom and Vanilla (at least that’s what I smell) It’s perfect and I actually have it in this Solid Perfume instead of the bottle of liquid perfume because it’s lighter and easier to carry around in my handbag! if you love warm, spicy, Sensual fragrances then this is the scent for you!

My Face base: I have (this year) realised the importance of Primer before your foundation if you want your foundation to last more than 2 hours before it fades away! I’ve tried some expensive ones, that have been good and I’ve liked but I have to say that this one from Rimmel London that’s all of about $6 is the best I’ve used so far and my foundation still looks fresh at 4pm when I get off work! As for my Foundation, there’s always been a lot of love in The UK for No7 cosmetics and I always used to use their skincare and mascaras but never tried their foundation until I want hunting for this one in Ulta in The US this past weekend. Specifically because the reviews were so good and it had the Life & Luminate serum in it which is so good for your skin and is a firm fan favourite in The UK beauty/ skincare world. This foundation does not disappoint!

I’ve become so obsessed with Fedoras this year especially these gorgeous Lack Of Color Australia Fedoras (seriously, I have this fedora in 5 colours now!) for eagle-eyed Lade Gaga Fans, you may recognize this hat as the one that she wore in her recent album cover in pink (I have that pink one – though I only found out after purchasing it that she had worn it) this Forest green hat called “Silent Woods” is probably my favourite (in case you’re wondering the pink one is called “Stardust” and I have a navy one  called “Nightfall” a grey one called “Silver Mist  and an Ivory one called “Ivory Bone”. I rarely leave the house without a fedora hat on now.

As you may know, if you’ve been following my blog for a while, I suffer from bad anxiety at times and some days it can be hard to find happiness and joy. I found this book by a local Seattle author when I was in Bellevue recently and it’s so great with it’s lists and tips to help you find ways to find joy and happiness each day it’s perfect for anyone who suffers from anxiety and low moods.

Finally as the Weather turns chillier, it’s good to keep your skin hydrated and protected against the elements and nobody said you had to spend a fortune on a luxe brand serum, this one from Pixi by Petra at Target is great and, bonus, it smells of rose!

What are you loving this Fall season? Let me know in the comments below!

Happy Friday and for all my Fellow Canadian’s, Happy Thanksgiving Long Weekend!

1. October 6, 2017 / 7:27 am

The rose serum sounds divine, I’m a huge fan of rose scents. I also love the pink and lilac-grey nail polish, both are fabulous colours.

2. October 6, 2017 / 7:48 am

I struggle with anxiety and social anxiety as well. The book looks beautiful and I’m going to hunt for it at WHSmith or Waterstones. I actually could use a few guided activities toward dealing with my anxiety.
    X

I’m off to read your Burgundy & Grey fall trends post! Those are the exact colours I’ve got in mind for my coats & scarves😃

• October 6, 2017 / 8:01 am

They do have it at Waterstone’s online for £14.99. I don’t think Smith’s will have it as it’s a bit of a speciality type book though. Its such a good one though and each list has a helpful tips at the end to help you actually make that list of things happen. Aww thanks lovely! I hope you like the Burgundy and Grey post. They have a lot of Burgundy tones out here right now 😄🍁

3. October 6, 2017 / 8:10 am

Ive not heard of the Diptique the 34 saint germaine before. The way you describe the smell makes me think I will like it.

4. October 6, 2017 / 11:16 am

You totally nailed it w/ the bolder, vampy dark lipsticks for fall! I’ll have to check out your L’Oreal recommendation it looked like autumn perfection! xo, erika

5. October 6, 2017 / 11:40 am

I am not much into makeup, but definitely use the nail paints and the love the Loreal shades that you have . Love the MAC lipstick shade. Perfect for fall.

6. Alix Maza
    October 6, 2017 / 5:45 pm

I’ve been wanting to try Pixi beauty products! They look so good.

7. October 6, 2017 / 7:04 pm

Awesome, the colour of Fedoras is just what I think I need, so lavish. Great beauty products as well, right now I am in search of some highlighter .

8. October 6, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I have the 52 Lists For Happiness! I love it! I write in it every week!

9. October 6, 2017 / 10:54 pm

Great post! I have a few fall ride or dies my self but your list is definitely fun!

10. October 7, 2017 / 4:32 am

I love the no.7 lift and illuminate, I use it whenever I need a boost and my skin feels tired! Some lovely things you are liking this autumn.

11. October 7, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Your lip colors remind me so much of those my Granny used to wear. It didn’t matter if she was going to the mailbox or into town for grocery shopping, she never left the house without her lipstick. I always thought she was the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen. x

12. June
    October 8, 2017 / 5:11 am

I love how fall-ish all your images look; so gorgeous. I also own ’52 Lists for Happiness’ and it has helped me a lot.

13. October 8, 2017 / 4:42 pm

I’m not that much into make up myself but I do like the colours you chose and the products themselves look to be of quality. I might check it out more on the website.

14. October 8, 2017 / 6:19 pm

I need to try the Rimmel London primer. I love this line from them. I have/use their tinted moisturizer and powder.

15. October 8, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Love all of your fall favorites, bright and bold colors always get me! I have been meaning to buy the 52 lists book for a while now, I need to pick it up soon!

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

16. October 8, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Fall is my favorite season because here in Maine, we enjoy the annual fall foliage that is just SO beautiful! I also have issues with my nails (usually soft and peeling), so I’ve been trying to put on nail hardener / strengthener everyday. I tend to go with neutral or a rose pink polish when I do add colored polish. The 52 Lists book looks like a great idea!

17. October 9, 2017 / 3:18 am

I am not much of a hat kinda gal, but this fedora, in this luscious British racing green looks fabulous for fall.

18. white
    October 9, 2017 / 6:14 am

I love loreal products. They match my skin and likeness. LOL.
    You got also creative shots here, your fall favorites are all perfect.

19. October 9, 2017 / 7:39 am

I love that hat! Such a cute color.

Briana | youngsophisticate.com

20. October 9, 2017 / 9:14 am

Love all your fall favorites esp those lip shades bold and pretty. The 52 lists for happiness sounds wonderful. I have anxiety problems too and finding happiness every day has been a mission for me. So thank you for recommending that

21. October 9, 2017 / 11:26 pm

I love Vanilla and its fragrances. So I always keep on visiting the stores to try different scents. I love trying new ones and the fragrance that you mentioned sounds good too. 🙂