Thanksgiving in Canada

Currently the weather in Vancouver is just starting to get colder but wearing this pretty Chi Chi dress over Thanksgiving was still fun. I discovered Chi Chi London through Instagram and other bloggers and their dresses are so 100% my style and so affordable for how beautiful they are that I now have bought quite a few! Inexpensive, beautiful dresses; something to be thankful for. I thought today, since yesterday was Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, I’d talk about some of the things I’m thankful for:

• My Husband will always be my number 1 thing that I’m Thankful for. It’s all the little things he does as well as the big things that make me think how lucky I am to be his Wife.

• Being able to see Loved ones so frequently.

• My Career, I blog as a hobby but I have a 9-5 career that keeps me busy and happy and for my great colleagues and work environment, I am truly thankful.

• The best Friends ever. There may not be tonnes of Friends; I’m wary after being burned so many times by people I thought were Friends who turned out not to be, but those few amazing Friends I have are the best I could ever wish for: my Ride or Die Friends.

What are you Thankful for and, if you are in Canada, how did you celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday? Let me know in the comments below!

Xoxo Ellie

1. October 10, 2017 / 7:08 am

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I didn’t even realize that was this week. I’m thankful for meeting my wonderful wife and the time we have together, myself.

2. October 10, 2017 / 8:18 am

Beautiful post! Thanksgiving is the perfect time to remind ourselves what we have and how lucky we are. Especially with the little things in life. Sometimes we forget that the smaller acts of kindness make the biggest difference.

3. October 10, 2017 / 8:21 am

Happy Thanksgiving! I’m so incredibly thankful for my extended family who have helped out so much while my husband is working out of town. I honestly wouldn’t be able to hold down the fort without them.

4. October 10, 2017 / 9:54 am

I went to a Depeche Mode concert Saturday night and heard the song Somebody. A song that I would sing to and cry to when I was 14 and 15 years old and I realized that I finally found my Somebody who is my husband. He is amazing. I am so grateful for my husband.

5. October 10, 2017 / 11:23 am

Love the photography! It is a really well put together outfit, you look amazing!

6. October 10, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Happy belated Canadian thanksgiving, I am so pleased that you are thankful for having true friends. Its important to know who we can trust. On another note I love Chi Chi London and you look gorgeous in your dress x

7. October 10, 2017 / 2:17 pm

We celebrate the US Thanksgiving (we live in Wales but my wife is American). it’s my favourite thing. That dress is stunning. Suits you very well.

8. October 10, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I love that your number one thing to be thankful for is your husband! Thats so nice! I really like the chi chi dress!

9. October 10, 2017 / 4:52 pm

I like your dress. Thank you for sharing Chi Chi London, I must check it out.

10. October 10, 2017 / 4:53 pm

I meant to say that I like the name of your blog. Scotch and Stilettos 😊

11. Aziel Morte
    October 10, 2017 / 6:08 pm

Here in our country, we didn’t much celebrate our Thanksgiving day, Happy Thanksgiving day Canda, and by the way i really love your dress

12. October 11, 2017 / 9:50 am

Wifey loved the ensemble. She is amazoning away in front of me!

13. October 11, 2017 / 9:54 am

Happy thanks giving to you and your fellow Canadians darling. Your whole dress looks perfect for a special occasion.

14. Adaleta
    October 11, 2017 / 10:02 am

Beautiful, your dress is stunning, hope you had a great thanksgiving.

15. October 11, 2017 / 10:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving!! I love your dress so much!

16. Elizabeth O
    October 11, 2017 / 11:31 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. We have plenty to be thankful for and this day is a great reminder for all. You rocked it in that pretty dress!

17. Amanda
    October 11, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!! I can’t wait for American Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for my boyfriend and daughter. They’re my whole world!

18. October 11, 2017 / 5:54 pm

Awww .. you look so beautiful in your dress! I’ll have to check out Chi Chi, it looks a lot like something my daughter would love. As for gratitude? A few things I’m grateful for today: happy feet, canceled plans, and a bendy sunflower in last night’s kombucha jar. x

19. October 11, 2017 / 7:52 pm

Well, even though our country does not do Thanksgiving. But I do not have much to thankful for except for my life. But I am happy that you have such great life and other people whom you are thankful for. And Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

20. Blair villanueva
    October 11, 2017 / 8:21 pm

That’s indeed a lovely dress for Thanksgiving Day! Looks romantic and classic 🙂

21. October 12, 2017 / 11:21 pm

That dress is amazing! We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving over here but I have always been intrigued about the holiday and what other people do to celebrate!

22. October 13, 2017 / 10:58 am

Happy Thanksgiving! So happy for you and everything you are thankful for, I understand about being thankful for your husband, I love mine more than anything! Wonderful dress, as well!

23. November 5, 2017 / 3:56 pm

That is a beautiful dress. You look amazing in that dress. It’s so pretty. There are a lot of things to be thankful for. Thanksgiving hasn’t happened here in the USA yet. And I don’t know how great it will be for my family since things are really tight right now.