Best Fall & Winter Coats

While I definitely do not love the cold weather, I have to admit that there is something about being bundled up in a gorgeous Wool coat all cozy and wandering around a frosty Park that always makes me happy. Perhaps it’s growing up in the countryside and being used to going on Frosty Autumn and Winter walks (generally those walks tend to end at a cozy, country pub by a roaring fireplace with a glass of wine and packet of crisps – The Real McCoy’s were the best crisps in the pubs).

Recently, I’ve started to take my outerwear a little more seriously than before. The old brightly coloured coats that I could pick up for $20 are gone because they don’t look as good and wear out quickly. I try to invest in a good coat now, especially living in Canada where the Winters and Autumns are freezing and warmth is of the utmost importance. Still I like to look chic and be cozy and warm! But a good wool coat will see you through several Autumns and Winters if you take care of it. It’s the age old line “You get what you pay for”. With that said, my picks for Winter coats are not that expensive, they aren’t super cheap but they’re not designer – more “High End High Street”.

A good wool coat can take you from Autumn through Winter and the first part of Spring if needed.

The Finishing Touch to any outfit, add that final flare without spending a fortune on designer accessories that will be out of trend by next Season.

Soon you’ll be ready to take on those Frosty mornings in Style and ready to spend more time outside knowing that Jack Frost can’t get to you!

1. October 25, 2017 / 10:38 am

Cute. I love a good wool coat, they are so classic and chic. What are you lining your coat with, that fur vest looks splendid under the wool coat. I can’t wait for fall to reach CA. We are having a late summer.

2. October 25, 2017 / 2:16 pm

I like this coat. I have a wool coat and it is full length but I never thought about the color until I saw this. Mine is black and now I think it would be nice to have selected a lighter color to carry over through the season.

3. October 25, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Great post! Love your winter coat. I have one similar in a tan color. I would love to invest in a shoulder-draping shawl collar coat like the blue one.

4. Theresa Marie Daily
    October 25, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Love, love, love, love this coat!!! Such a classic piece! The color is gorgeous too!

5. Kiara A Catanzaro
    October 25, 2017 / 2:45 pm

I love you the coats you have featured in this post, but I am especially in love with the coat you’re wearing yourself. I’ve been on the hunt for a similar coat that you’re wearing in the photos, but I feel like I am so particular about coats and I always want to make sure I can try them on in person!

6. October 25, 2017 / 4:21 pm

I’m definitely in the market for a long wool coat similar to yours for the upcoming cold weather. The colour of the one you’re wearing is so pretty!

7. October 25, 2017 / 6:18 pm

Love this overcoat so much. I had a similar one, but that was dark brown and I loved it so much that I used for straight 5years, lol!

8. October 26, 2017 / 2:14 am

Oh this is gorgeous! I love that colour pink, it’s so pretty and super stylish too! I really need a new one this year!

9. October 26, 2017 / 9:10 am

I have a coat in this same color and I love it. I totally love the length of the coat you are wearing. Very stylish!

10. October 26, 2017 / 9:19 am

cute look and loving that H&M bag that I spied too! I have been thinking of purchasing this to go with my camel coat.

11. October 26, 2017 / 9:23 am

I have a coat obsession and this one is lovely. I think I have 5 to 6 in my closet then I just ordered a wool blend wrap coat from Ann Taylor that reminds me of this coat.

12. October 26, 2017 / 2:38 pm

That is such a gorgeous coat!! I’d love a coat like that but I’d get it covered in mud in no time! I agree with you about McCoys crisps too.. yum 🙂

13. Shubhada Bhide
    October 26, 2017 / 9:37 pm

This outfit is an absolute winner. It looks very comfy and I am sure everyone would love to wear it. Perfect for winter and your bag was splendid.

14. Joanna
    October 26, 2017 / 10:22 pm

Adore the bag! Such a nice addition to the coat.

15. October 27, 2017 / 3:55 pm

I love your outfit. The coat looks comfy and stylish. Love the colour as well.

16. October 27, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Ellie I love your coat! I was looking for something similar that was a darker camel color.

17. October 30, 2017 / 5:33 am

I am on the hunt for a nicer winter jacket, like this one. Thanks for the ideas!