Affordable Autumn style

I LOVE style and fashion, I think that’s pretty blatantly obvious from my blog but back in the day I often used to flip through the pages of Vogue and InStyle and think that chic style was unattainable if you didn’t have a huge budget. I do most of my clothing shopping, now, online: it’salways cheaper, the clothing is well-made and always affordable. Style is always subjective and what may be stylish and chic to me, may be boring and bland to someone who loves bright coloured clothing with bold prints and lots of texture. But there is one thing that’s generally true: following trends is expensive whether you shop in affordable stores or not as you are constantly having to keep up with ever-changing fashion landscapes which means constantly buying up-to-the-minute clothing and accessories. If you don’t necessarily care whether you look “on trend” 24/7 however, it can be affordable to get great looks that will always be in style.

Shop around: you don’t have to always buy the first item you see without thinking about the price-tag. Put it in your cart or make a mental note of the store where you found it and keep looking. Chances are you’ll find something better or really similar at a better price and you’ll avoid buyer’s remorse.

Re-purpose your current closet items: look at items you already have in your closet that you can re-purpose for a totally different look. This sweater I’m wearing is actually a sweater dress but I couldn’t find a sweater that looked like what I wanted so instead, I took the dress and tucked the hem in to my trousers folding the rest back over to create that cozy, slightly loose-fitting sweater.

Don’t shop for the trends: I’m sorry but Trends are always going to be expensive to keep up with even if you’re shopping at Mall stores because the trends change so quickly and then chances are, that item you just bought, you won’t wear again after a month. Stick to things that will transcend trends and always be something you want to wear, things that you can wear again and again in different ways to create totally different looks.

Use a statement piece: This bag in these photos is a good example of a statement piece. I bought it from Aldo a year ago and while I’m sure you could classify this as a “trend piece” I still wear it all the time. I love the 3D flowers and the colour and it’s a good size. It also can really bring life to an otherwise plain look.

1. Joline
    October 31, 2017 / 9:40 am

I agree, don’t go for trends but more for classic pieces. And never ever impulse buy! Always shop around and compare. PS: Love the bag!

2. October 31, 2017 / 10:40 am

You look fab and the leaves are so beautiful in your pics. I too believe in investing in items that will be around forever, and not just buying into trends!

3. October 31, 2017 / 2:28 pm

You look nicely put together as well as comfortable in this outfit for a crisp fall day, so you have my vote. Neutral colors that can be mixed and matched with other wardrobe items help to stretch your wardrobe budget.

4. October 31, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I really love your bag in the pics. These pictures are beautiful.

5. October 31, 2017 / 7:14 pm

Love the outfit and I’m so into your shoes! I have been trying to get into more statement pieces too! Great pics!

6. October 31, 2017 / 9:57 pm

You look great here, the photo shoot was amazing. I love that you look for items that will remain of use and not just trendy pieces. Love the boots lot.

7. November 1, 2017 / 2:04 pm

Love the bag and shoes! I’m a bit skeptical when buying clothes online but I agree with your outlook which is taking clothes and re purposing them in a new style which is what I do. I also don’t follow trends, just wear what feels good and will last.

8. November 1, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Heading to Amsterdam shortly and would expect weather like this I guess. Wife will need to shop again:)

9. November 3, 2017 / 6:54 am

How cute is that bag and loving those sassy trousers. You always know how to pull an outfit together.

10. November 3, 2017 / 10:35 am

Autumn is a fun season because you can dress up without layering way too much like in the Winter. It is definitely my fvourite season for outfits.

11. Felicia Broccolo
    November 3, 2017 / 6:30 pm

It is so hard for me to find outfits that I love at a great price!! Thank you for sharing this and your style! Love it 🙂

12. November 4, 2017 / 1:39 am

You look so beautiful in these pictures and this handbag and the booties looked so stunning.

13. November 4, 2017 / 9:51 am

I love this fall outfit! I am in love with the statement bag especially! Love the little flowers on it!

XOXO
    Annie

14. Yukti
    November 4, 2017 / 12:11 pm

I loved your style and accessories specially the bag. Falls leaves in the background look so beautiful.

15. November 4, 2017 / 8:41 pm

I’ve always found it’s fun to accessorize as a way to add new life to my wardrobe. Especially in the fall when one can put on a colorful and pretty scarf. Hats and gloves are always great too. I really love the idea of repurposing things already in my closet and sites like yours offer so much inspiration! x

16. November 5, 2017 / 3:47 am

Wow I would have never guessed that that is a sweater dress! You made it look just like it was another sweater. I love this look.

17. November 5, 2017 / 12:56 pm

I gave up on trends a very long time ago. I prefer pieces that look timeless. Online shoppings means more sales